St. Patrick’s is a Voluntary Aided Catholic Primary School in the Diocese of Southwark in which Religious Education is at the heart of the curriculum.
St. Patrick’s Catholic Primary was founded in 1893 to provide education for children of Catholic families; it is in the trusteeship of the Diocese of Southwark. The school is conducted by its governing body as part of the Catholic Church in accordance with its Trust Deed and Instrument of Government.
As a Catholic school, we aim to provide a Catholic education for all our pupils. Catholic doctrine and practice permeates every aspect of the school’s activity. It is essential that the Catholic character of the school’s education is fully supported by all families in the school.
Our Mission Statement
At St. Patrick’s school, we aim to grow and learn together in our understanding of God and the world He created. Prayer and worship are at the heart of all we do. We welcome all into our loving and caring environment which reflects the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We encourage all our children to reach their full potential in all aspects of their education and lives. We aim to achieve this through:
- Striving to witness the teachings of Christ reflected in all aspects of the school’s life and in the relationships within our whole school community.
- Working in partnership with parents and families who are the first educators and our parish families.
- Ensuring that all children are given equal opportunity to achieve their full potential, spiritually, academically and socially.
- Nurturing the care and welfare of all our children.
- Encouraging children to develop self-discipline, self-respect and self-confidence so that they can contribute to the good of all.
- Recognising that this is a learning community where we grow together.
- Providing learning experiences which will recognise the gifts of each individual and fulfill each child’s entitlement to a broad and balanced curriculum.
Ehtos and Values
- To ensure that the Gospel Values are reflected in all aspects of the school’s life, in the classroom and playground and in the relationship between the pupils’, the school staff and governors.
- To ensure that all pupils are given equal opportunity to achieve their full potential, spiritually, academically and socially.
- To encourage pupils to develop safe discipline, self-respect and self-confidence.
- To provide learning experiences which will recognise the gifts of each individual and pupil their entitlement to the National Curriculum.
Although the school exists primarily to serve the Catholic community, the Governing Body welcomes applications, (subject to availability of places), from those of other denominations and faiths, and those in the community who support its religious ethos.
Applications for places at St Patrick’s are made by way of a Common Application Form submitted to the home local authority.
St Patrick’s church does not deal or process applications for a place at St Patrick’s school.
For more information, please contact the school directly using the details below or click here to visit the school’s website.